Two Pack Epoxy Zinc Rich Primer High Anti-corrosion Metal Paint
Two Pack Epoxy Zinc Rich Primer
Two Pack Epoxy Zinc Rich Primer gives a hard wearing coating with ultra high levels of chemical resistance and anti-corrosion.
Two pack epoxy zinc rich primer is a sacrificial primer which needs top coating and is used for extremely harsh environments such as in water and around coastal areas to provide the highest of anti corrosion protection.
Two coats recommended
Mixing ratio 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst
Pot life of 4-6 hours once catalysed
Touch dry 2-4 hours
Over coat 12-24 hours
Full dry 7 days
Thinners suitable T0200
Covers Approx. 8 square metres per litre (this does not account for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage)
Shelf life - 12 months from batch date
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- Two Pack Epoxy can not be applied over a single pack paint as this will attack the existing coating.
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating.
- Epoxies won’t cure in temperatures below 10 degrees c. If you can add heat into the area this has to be dry heat NOT gas heat.
1. Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife to mix (An egg whisk, screwdriver or small stick that doesn’t reach the bottom of the can is not sufficient enough)
2. Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
3. Ensuring all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problems.