Two Pack Epoxy MIO Metal Primer
Two Pack Epoxy High Build Micaceous Iron Oxide MIO Primer is a coating with outstanding corrosion resistance for use in severe exposure to the elements and salt water.
We recommend using either a Two Pack Epoxy Zinc Rich or Zinc Phosphate then Two Pack Epoxy MIO and then finish with a Two Pack Epoxy topcoat.Two Pack Epoxy MIO Primer can be used in many ways a few variations are metal, marine, chassis paint, agricultural, crane and lifting gear primer, skip & container.
Two coats recommended
Mixing ratio 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst
Pot life of 4-6 hours once catalysed
Touch dry 2-4 hours
Over coat 12-24 hours
Full dry 7 days
Thinners suitable T0200
Covers Approx. 8 square metres per litre (this does not account for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage)
Shelf life - 12 months from batch date
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- Two Pack Epoxy can not be applied over a single pack paint as this will attack the existing coating.
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating.
- Epoxies won’t cure in temperatures below 10 degrees c. If you can add heat into the area this has to be dry heat NOT gas heat.
1. Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife to mix (An egg whisk, screwdriver or small stick that doesn’t reach the bottom of the can is not sufficient enough)
2. Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
3. Ensuring all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problems.