DISCLAIMER: The colours shown on the images are for guidance only. The displayed colour will depend on your monitor and browsers. The finished therefore, may not be as shown here.
All pictures are for illustration purposes only.Two Pack Epoxy Marine Paint
Two Pack Epoxy Marine Paint is designed for use on a wide range of substrates, particularly mild steel and treated galvanised steel. It should only be used in situations where there is limited exposure to U.V. Light or where cosmetic appearance over a period of time is not important. Two Pack Epoxy Marine Paint offers a water resistant coating and can be used
Two Pack Epoxy Marine Paint is based on an epoxy resin that provides an excellent hard wearing coating once fully dry, with a mirror like gloss finish to mild steel and other suitably primed substrates.
- • Two coats recommended for best results.
- • Mixing ratio 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst
- • Pot life of 4-6 hours once catalysed
- • Touch Dry in 2-4 Hours.\n• Overcoat in 13.20-24 hours.
- • Full dry in 7 days.
- • Suitable for light heavy traffic.
- • Thinners if required T0200 Epoxy thinner and start with 5%
- • Coverage approx.8 square metres per litre, we cannot be held responsible for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage.
- • Application by brush or roller
- • Suitable for primed metal and primed fibreglass primer
Things to Know
- • Mix paint well before use and check colour before use.
- • Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- • Two Pack Epoxy can not be applied over a single pack boat enamel as this will attack the existing coating.
- • When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating.
- • Epoxies won’t cure in temperatures below 10 degrees c. If you can add heat into the area this has to be dry heat NOT gas heat.
- • Please note although epoxy coating’s offer the best chemical resistance and protection from the elements, the colours will chalk and fade in external applications.
Mixing Two Pack Epoxies
- Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife to mix (An egg whisk, screwdriver or small stick that doesn’t reach the bottom of the can is not sufficient enough
- Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
- Ensuring all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problems.