Marine Boat Enamel Paint
Marine Boat Enamel is a single pack polyurethane based boat enamel designed for use as a refinishing paint for boat and barges. Boat Enamel is based on polyurethane modified resin system which provides a strong, flexible paint film with good chemical resistance. Selection of high quality pigments further enhances the properties by providing improved weathering resistance and light fastness of the coating.
Marine Boat Enamel Semi-Gloss and Matt Finishes contain anti-corrosive pigments for extra protection. Semi-Gloss and Matt finishes can be applied direct to mild steel, but we always recommend using a primer first to ensure a long lifespan from our coatings.
Due to the oil type of T A Paint’s Single Pack Polyurethane Marine Boat Enamel, the coatings is able to overcoat a wide range of old coatings without attacking it. We just recommend a light abrasion and degreasing prior to painting.
DISCLAIMER: The colours shown on the images are for guidance only. The displayed colour will depend on your monitor and browsers. The finished colour therefore may not be as shown here.
All pictures are for illustration purposes only – 1L & 2.5L cans are not screen-printed cans.
• Touch Dry in 2-4 Hours.
• Overcoat in 13.20-24 Hours.
• Full Dry in 7 Days.
• Product exhibits a good chemical resistance.
• Thinners if required T0001 White Spirit.
• Coverage approx. 8 square metres per litre. we cannot be held responsible for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage.
• Suitable to be brushed and rolled and by spray gun
• Suitable for primed Metal, primed Fibreglass and Wood
Things to Know
• Mix paint well before use and check colour before use.
• For the best anti-corrosion protection to metal use a primer first.
• Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).• When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating to offer good intercoat adhesion.
• If you are using the product below water line and if the substrate is submerged in water for long periods of time the coating will soften.
• Like any painted surface when wet is slippery we do offer a non-slip version which is a textured, rough finish. Click here for Non Slip
Painting Fibreglass, Gel Coat & GRP
If you are painting bare Fibreglass, Gel Coat or GRP you will need a Fiberglass primer before using a marine top coat.
If you are painting over existing paint providing you have lightly abraded and degreased the substrate you can use the marine top coat.
To see our Fibregalss primers click here
Mixing & Thinning
Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife that reaches the bottom of the can and mixing should take place for 3-5 mins to ensure all the content is properly mixed together to avoid colour and or drying problems.
Thinners required are White Spirit T0001. If thinning is required when applying by a brush or roller start by gradually adding 5% but do not thin more an 10% as the paint won’t cover
As our coatings are heavily pigmented separation can easily occur and you can have colour float, for example a green paint can seem blue before mixing, this is one of the reasons mixing your paint before use is essential.
Clear Sealer, Gloss White, Semi-Gloss White, Matt White, Gloss Black, Semi-Gloss Black, Matt Black, BS 00 A 05 Goosewing Grey, BS 00 A 09 Mid Grey, BS 04 E 53 Red, BS 08 E 51 Yellow, BS 10 C 31 Cream, BS 14 C 39 British Racing Green, BS 18 B 25 Grey, BS 18 E 53 Blue, BS 105 Blue, BS 106 Blue (Blue Black), BS 108 Blue, BS 224 Deep Bronze Green, BS 226 Middle Brunswick Green, BS 227 Deep Brunswick Green, BS 538 Post Office Red, RAL 2004 Orange, RAL 5002 Blue, RAL 5010 Blue, RAL 5012 Light Blue, RAL 5015 Sky Blue, RAL 5017 Blue, RAL 6011 Green, RAL 6018 Kawasaki Green, RAL 7024 Grey, Tile Red
1 litre, 2.5 litre