QD One Coat Direct To Metal Paint Industrial DTM Primer Finish Paint
Quick Drying One Coat Direct to Metal Primer Finish Paint product name is Eugoaurd Primer Finish is a semi-gloss finish direct to metal paint, which is based on a quick drying alkyd resin suitable for metal. This product is for spray application and can be brush or rolled on small surface areas.
As this product is a semi-gloss finish which contains anti-corrosive pigments so can be used as a one coat application direct to metal priming and finishing in the same application, Aplications include;
- Industrial Buildings
- Metal Work
- New Metal
- Refurbisment work
- Fabrication Work
- Industrial aplications
- wrought Iron
- Metal Fencing
- Metal Furniture
About This Item
- QD ENAMEL ONE COAT DIRECT O METAL PRIMER FINISH PAINT; Specially developed for industrial spray applications.
- WATERPROOF OUTDOOR PAINT: Exceptional coverage & does a great job of repelling rainwater and providing high protection from the harsh environmental elements, With long lasting UV protection.
- FAST DRYING TIME: Touch Dry in 30 -45 Minutes, Overcoat 1 - 24 hours.
- EASY APPLICATION: Solvent resistant brush roller and suitable spray application.
- Proudly manufactured in England by B.C Paints Ltd. Please note images and product titles are for advertising purposes only, tins are supplied in bc paints cans or plain white for 0.5, 1 and 2.5, and occasionally 5 litre can.
Application Guide Step By Step
Two coats of paint are recommended for the best longest lasting finish.
If brushing thinning is not usually required but if you preferred to thin the product 10%
Remember good preparation is paramount to an excellent long lasting finish.
- Abraid area prior to painting to remove old flaking paint and imperfections, abrasion will also assist the paint bonding and provide a good key to unpainted substrates.
- The area must be clean and free from dirt, dust, oil, grease, old flaking paint and be dry & clear of any other contaminants. Good preparation is key to a good finish.
- Before you start, have your ppe ready as our paint is oil based so will not wash off easily with soap and water.
- Stir the paint well before use, with a paddle on a slow running drill or substantial stick.
- Before putting paint down ensure you have good ventilation to allow vapor to escape, ventilation is also necessary to keep the drying times, if there is no air movement the coating cannot dry as well.
- Depending on what you're painting, apply a second coat 1-12 hours or an overnight dry after the first coat to build good colour and protection.
Application - Painting over existing paint
Step 1 - Check suitability of the product to the existing paint. We recommend you try a sample area first.
Step 2 Clean and Abrade -
- Make sure the existing paint is in good condition prior to painting, then lightly abrade to provide a key for good intercoat adhesion.
- If there is flaking paint this must be removed prior to painting.
- For any parts that has rusted you will need to sand the rust back to the bare metal and spot prime with the appropriate primer.
- Ensure substrate is clean of any dirt, oil, or grease
Step 3 Prime – This step is down to personal preference, depending on the condition of the existing paint or if you are changing a dark colour to a light you may want to add one coat of primer.
Step 4 Topcoat- Once you have completed the following steps you can apply your top coat.
Application - Painting a bare substrate
Step 1 Clean - Ensure substrate is clean of any dirt, oil, or grease.
Step 2 Prime – Depending on the material you are painting will determine what primer you will need.
Step 3 Topcoat – 1-24 hours after applying the primer you can add your first coat of topcoat. Wait another 1-24 hours and then apply the second coat.
RAL 9005 Black, RAL 9003 Signal White, RAL 9016 Traffic White, RAL 9010 Off White, RAL 7035 Light Grey, BS 00 A 05 Goosewing Grey, BS 18 B 25 Slate / Battleship Grey, RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey, RAL 6005 Moss Green, RAL 6011 Reseda Green/Machine Green, BS 08 B 29 Vandyke Brown, RAL 8016 Mahogony Brown, BS 18 E 53 Blue, RAL 5015 Sky Blue, RAL 5002 Ultramine Blue, BS 08 E 51 Golden Yellow, RAL 2004 Orange, BS 538 Post Office Red