Garage & Roller Shutter Door Primer Anti Corrosive Undercoat
Our Garage & Roller Sutter Door Primer Undercoat Paint product namel Universal PU Enamel Primer is a white spirit based paint suitable for brush and roller application along with spraying. It provides a very durable anti corrosive zinc phosphate base prior to top coating, suitable for metal, wood and primed fibreglass. Great for paintng vertical surfaces.
Due to the base of this product it is suitabe to be used to overcoat pre existing coatings however doing a sample patch is always best.
About This Item
- UNIVERSAL PU ENAMEL GARAGE & ROLLER SHUTTER DOOR PRIMER PAINT; Specially developed for indoor & outdoor use to colour and protect internal & external projects and to be superior to cheap water based alternatives.
- WATERPROOF OUTDOOR PAINT: Exceptional coverage & does a great job of repelling rainwater and providing high protection from the harsh environmental elements, With long lasting UV protection.
- FAST DRYING TIME: Touch Dry in 90 - 120 Minutes, Overcoat 12 - 24 hours making this product perfect for outdoor use and for a DIY projec.
- EASY APPLICATION: Solvent resistant brush roller and suitable spray application.
- Proudly manufactured in England by B.C Paints Ltd. Please note images and product titles are for advertising purposes only, tins are supplied in bc paints cans or plain white for 0.5, 1 and 2.5, and occasionally 5 litre can.
Application Guide Step By Step
Two coats of paint are recommended for the best longest lasting finish.
If brushing thinning is not usually required but if you preferred to thin the product 10%
Remember good preparation is paramount to an excellent long lasting finish.
- Abraid area prior to painting to remove old flaking paint and imperfections, abrasion will also assist the paint bonding and provide a good key to unpainted substrates.
- The area must be clean and free from dirt, dust, oil, grease, old flaking paint and be dry & clear of any other contaminants. Good preparation is key to a good finish.
- Before you start, have your ppe ready as our paint is oil based so will not wash off easily with soap and water.
- Stir the paint well before use, with a paddle on a slow running drill or substantial stick.
- Thin the first coat by 10 percent with T0001 if painting wooden surfaces, to assist good absorption.
- Before putting paint down ensure you have good ventilation to allow vapor to escape, ventilation is also necessary to keep the drying times, if there is no air movement the coating cannot dry as well.
- Cut in around the edges and hard to reach areas first with brush, if brushing and rolling is your application method.
- Depending on what you're painting, apply a second coat 2-12 hours or an overnight dry after the first coat to build good colour and protection.
Grey Oxide, Red Oxide, White Oxide
5 Litre, 2.5 Litre, 1 Litre