£42.00 – £119.00
2K Acrylic Paint
2K Acrylic Paint is a high performance two pack compliant coating consisting of an acrylic modified pigmented base coupled with an isocyanate polymer based hardener. The product provides a tough and durable mirror-like gloss film with excellent chemical and solvent resistance coupled with very fast drying and rapid cure. Designed for the coating of commercial vehicles, trailers, chassis and agricultural equipment, the fully cured coating is hard wearing and durable and demonstrates excellent resistance to weathering.
Perfect for use on agricultural, commercial and industrial vehicles to include military vehicle paint, plant machinery paint, as well as providing a prestigious finish when used as a general metal fabrication paint.
The mixed product contains isocyanate. To ensure the protection of sprayers and other personnel in the vicinity of the painting operation, please read the Material Safety Data Sheet before use.
- Mixing ratio 4:1:1
- Touch dry:40 – 60 Minutes
- Handleable within:4 – 6 Hours
- Hard dry:12 Hours
- Full properties: 7 days
- Coverage approximately 13 – 14m2per litre based on a dry film thickness of 50 microns, depending on application method and substrate
Spray gun recommendations
Fluid tip: 2.0 – 2.2mm (Suction feed) 1.0 – 1.2mm (Pressure feed)
For application by HVLP a working pressure of 3 bar is recommended.
Apply two full coats with a flash off of 5 – 10 minutes between coats to allow solvent evaporation.
Things to know
- Mix paint well before use and check colour before use.
- For the best anti-corrosion protection to metal use a primer first.
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating to provide good intercoat adhesion.
- Temperature will affect drying times but will not prevent curing. We recommend no less than 10 degrees centigrade to ensure no microscopic moisture build up on substrate. 25 degrees centigrade is the optimal temperature.
- If thinning is required 10% is recommended if brushing, additional thinners may be needed if spraying to achieve good atomisation of the product
|Mainland UK||1-3 Days||1.5, 3 & 6L|