Two Pack Epoxy HB ZP Primer
Two Pack High Build Epoxy Zinc Phosphate Metal Primer is suitable for use on metal fabrications where a highly anti-corrosive and chemically resistant primer is required.
Suitable to be brushed, rolled, or sprayed
Mixing ratio 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst
Pot life of 4-6 hours once catalysed
Touch dry 2-4 hours
Over coat 12-24 hours
Full dry 7 days
Thinners suitable T0200
Covers Approx. 8 square metres per litre (this does not account for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage)
Shelf life - 12 months from batch dateThings to know
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- Two Pack Epoxy can not be applied over a single pack paint as this will attack the existing coating.
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating.
- Epoxies won’t cure in temperatures below 10 degrees c. If you can add heat into the area this has to be dry heat NOT gas heat.
Mixing Two Pack Epoxies
1. Make sure you use a broom stick, mixer on a slow running drill or pallet knife to mix (An egg whisk, screwdriver or small stick that doesn’t reach the bottom of the can is not sufficient enough)
2. Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
3. Ensuring all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problems.