Two Pack Epoxy Concrete Floor Paint
TWO PACK EPOXY CONCRETE FLOOR PAINT
Two Pack Epoxy Concrete Floor Paint is suitable for use on concrete, brick and primed metal floors where there is heavy vehicle traffic and where excellent chemical resistance is required. It provides a highly protective finish for:
- Garage Workshop
- Garage Floors
- Heavy traffic arias (cars, Trucks & Plant)
- Mot Stations / Bays
- Industrial Factory
- Warehouse, Showroom
- Storage Facilities
- Shop Floors
Please note although epoxy coating’s offer the best chemical resistance and protection from the elements, the colours will chalk and fade in external applications.
Two coats recommended for best results
Mixing ratio 4 parts paint to 1 part catalyst
Pot life of 4-6 hours once catalysed
Touch Dry 2-4 hours
Over coat 12-24 hours
Full dry 7 days
Thinners suitable T0200 Epoxy Thinner
Covers Approx. 8 square metres per litre (this does not account for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage)
Suitable for Concrete and Primed Metal
Shelf life - 12 months from batch date
Important Things to Know
- Mix paint well before use and check colour before use.
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed)
- Two Pack Epoxy can not be applied over a single pack floor enamel/paint as this will attack the existing coating.
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating.
- If applying to bare concrete thin the first coat 20% and this will act as your primer / sealer. Then after 12-24 hours apply the second coat unthinned.
- New concrete must be laid for at least 3 months prior to painting.
Epoxies won’t cure in temperatures below 10 degrees c. If you can add heat into the area this has to be dry heat NOT gas heat.
Like any painted surface when wet is slippery, we do offer a non slip epoxy which has as aggregate mixed into the paint creating a rough textured finish.
2. Mixing should take place for 3-5 minutes allow to stand for a minute and repeat.
3. Ensuring all the content is properly mixed to avoid colour and or drying problems.