Wood Paint Oil Based Enamel
Wood Enamel Paint product name Universal PU Enamel is a Oil based Polyurethane paint which provides a tough film with good adhesion, weathering properties, sutiable for internal and external applications for new and old wood.
This product is suitable for brush, roller and spray applications.
New 3 In 1 Formulation
NEW 3 IN 1 TECNOLOGY
Primes Seals and Protects with just 2 coats. No Primer or sealer for concrete & wood 2 coats of this paint will prime seal and protect.
About this item
- NEW 3 IN 1 TECNOLOGY - Primes Seals and Protects with just 2 coats. No Primer or sealer for concrete & wood 2 coats of this paint will prime seal and protect. Multi surface for painting metal wood or timber concrete stone and brick work, one paint covers it all.
- UNIVERSAL MULTI-PURPOSE OIL BASED WOOD PAINT ENAMEL: Specially developed for outdoor use to colour and protect outdoor projects and to be superior to cheap water based alternatives.
- WATERPROOF OUTDOOR PAINT: Exceptional coverage & does a great job of repelling rainwater and providing high protection from the harsh environmental elements, With long lasting UV protection.
- MULTI PURPOSE: It's versatile and can be used to paint wood, brick, terracotta, primed metal, timber & concrete. Perfect for use in the garden and industrial aplications like fence panels, garden arches, benches, sheds, fences, arbours, summer houses, trellis, garden patio furniture, gates and railings, skips & containers, buildings and much more
- FAST DRYING TIME: Touch Dry in 90 - 120 Minutes, Overcoat 12 - 24 hours making this product perfect for outdoor use and for a DIY project
- EASY APPLICATION: Brush roller and suitable spray application.
- Proudly manufactured in England by B.C Paints Ltd. Please note images and product titles are for advertising purposes only, tins are supplied in bc paints cans or plain white for 0.5, 1 and 2.5, and occasionally 5 litre cans
Two coats of paint are recommended for the best longest lasting finish.
If brushing thinning is not usually required but if you preferred to thin the product 10%
Remember good preparation is paramount to an excellent long lasting finish.
Painting Guide Step By Step
- Abraid area prior to painting to remove old flaking paint and imperfections, abrasion will also assist the paint bonding and provide a good key to unpainted substrates.
- The area must be clean and free from dirt, dust, oil, grease, old flaking paint and be dry & clear of any other contaminants. Good preparation is key to a good finish.
- Before you start, have your ppe ready as our paint is oil based so will not wash off easily with soap and water.
- Stir the paint well before use, with a paddle on a slow running drill or substantial stick.
- Thin the first coat by 10 percent with T0001 if painting wooden surfaces, to assist good absorption.
- Before putting paint down ensure you have good ventilation to allow vapor to escape, ventilation is also necessary to keep the drying times, if there is no air movement the coating cannot dry as well.
- Cut in around the edges and hard to reach areas first with brush, if brushing and rolling is your application method.
- Depending on what you're painting, apply a second coat 2-12 hours or an overnight dry after the first coat to build good colour and protection.
Application - Painting over existing paint
Step 1 - Check suitability of the product to the existing paint. We recommend you try a sample area first.
Step 2 Clean and Abrade -
- Make sure the existing paint is in good condition prior to painting, then lightly abrade to provide a key for good intercoat adhesion.
- If there is flaking paint this must be removed prior to painting.
- For any parts that has rusted you will need to sand the rust back to the bare metal and spot prime with the appropriate primer.
- Ensure substrate is clean of any dirt, oil, or grease
Step 3 Prime – This step is down to personal preference, depending on the condition of the existing paint or if you are changing a dark colour to a light you may want to add one coat of primer.
Step 4 Topcoat- Once you have completed the following steps you can apply your top coat.
Application - Painting a bare substrate
Step 1 Clean - Ensure substrate is clean of any dirt, oil, or grease.
Step 2 Prime – Depending on the material you are painting will determine what primer you will need.
Step 3 Topcoat – 12-24 hours after applying the primer you can add your first coat of topcoat. Wait another 12-24 hours and then apply the second coat.
Universal PU Enamel
Universal PU Enamel is based on a white spirit polyurethane enamel resin making it very versatile in its application and covering a wide range of uses. Our product titles are for advertising purposes only, this product will arrive as Universal PU Enamel tins supplied will be similar to that shown above, manufactured by our parent company B.C Paints Ltd, 1 & 2.5 litre cans are only ever supplied in plain white cans due to being a small family run company.
T.A Paint is a family run company and are proud to have a long running heritage in the world of paint, as we are now in our 4th generation holding a combined experience of 100 years plus.
Our Parent Company B.C Paints Ltd produces in the same factory all the coatings T.A Paints has to offer, manufacturing only from the finest virgin raw materials, This is why all the labeling is from B.C Paints, but it's still us.
Throughout the years our ethos has been the same, to offer a fair product for a fair cost, and never comprom
Clear Sealer, Gloss White, Semi-Gloss White, Matt White, Gloss Black, Semi-Gloss Black, Matt Black, BS 00 A 05 Goosewing Grey, BS 00 A 09 Mid Grey, BS 04 E 53 Red, BS 08 E 51 Yellow, BS 10 C 31 Cream, BS 14 C 39 British Racing Green, BS 18 B 25 Grey, BS 18 E 53 Blue, BS 105 Blue, BS 106 Blue (Blue Black), BS 108 Blue, BS 224 Deep Bronze Green, BS 226 Middle Brunswick Green, BS 227 Deep Brunswick Green, BS 538 Post Office Red, RAL 2004 Orange, RAL 5002 Blue, RAL 5010 Blue, RAL 5012 Blue Blue, RAL 5015 Sky Blue, RAL 5017 Blue, RAL 6011 Green, RAL 6018 Kawasaki Green, RAL 7024 Grey, Tile Red
5 litre, 2.5litre, 1 litre